Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Bloggers dropping books

October was a big month for me.  Not only did I grow another year older, but two of my favorite vegan bloggers released books!  Matt Frazier, of No Meat Athlete and ultramarathon fame, released his very first book, and Isa Chandra, cookbook veteran, vegan kitchen queen, and collaborator at the Post Punk Kitchen blog, published another.

No Meat Athlete: Run on Plants and Discover Your Fittest, Fastest, and Happiest Self
Released October 1, 2013 -- Available now!



Isa Does It:  Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week
Released October 22, 2013 -- Available now!

I also received Vegan Chocolate: Unapologetically Luscious and Decadent Dairy-Free Desserts as a birthday gift.  It's taken inhuman amounts of willpower to keep myself from licking the pages.  As is usual with me, I've sat in my bed a few nights this week reading Vegan Chocolate as if it's a thrilling, immersive novel.  It's a fantastic read so far!  Fran Costigan, who authored the book, boasts unmatched know-how.  This lady "gets" dairy-free sweets and loves her chocolate.  After I try some of the Vegan Chocolate recipes, I am looking forward to learning more about Fran's online presence (or presents!).

Vegan Chocolate: Unapologetically Luscious and Decadent Dairy-Free Desserts
Released October 22 -- Available now!

What's more, another one of my all-time favorite bloggers, Angela Liddon, is releasing her first cookbook in March.  In one word, I'd describe the recipes found on Angela's blog, Oh She Glows, as ingenious.  Her recipes are healthy, inventive, and delicious.  And her photography? Glowing.  I plan on pre-ordering The Oh She Glows Cookbook as soon as possible.

The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out
Released March 4, 2014

If you've yet to check out these bloggers, there's no time like the present to get acquainted with them!  Angela and Matt, both transitioning from blog author to book author, deserve some support! Angela even tested one of Matt's recipes, Buffalo Hummus, and reviewed the book on her blog.  How's that for support?  As these books start making their way onto my shelf and then my kitchen counter, I'll post reviews.  Until then, I can assure you that none of these books will remotely disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment