Almond Crusted Tofu with Cumin
1 16 oz. block of tofu
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. vegetable broth
1 c. almond meal
1/2 c. corn meal
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. black pepper
1. Begin by draining and pressing your tofu to remove excess moisture.
2. As your tofu is being pressed, whisk together all of the ingredients for the marinade.
3. After the liquid is mostly drained from your tofu, cut into triangle wedges (or into whatever shape you'd like!) place in a baking sheet. Pour the marinade over and around the tofu. Let sit for at least 30 minutes. During this time, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
4. On a wide and shallow plate, combine all of the ingredients for the breading. Make sure the spices, corn meal, and almond meal are mixed together well. Set the breading plate in between the dish with your marinated tofu and an oiled baking sheet.
5. Remove one piece of tofu from the marinade and place it in the breading mixture. Coat with the mixture completely and then place on the oiled baking sheet. Repeat for each triangle of tofu.
6. Put tofu in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm. Use excess marinade as a dressing for the tofu. Other dressing ideas: a creamy cashew sauce, tomato salsa, or a roasted red pepper sauce.