Wednesday, July 24, 2013

No-greens salad: greek salad

I've woefully decided to separate M&A (see mango and avocado say I do for a full recap) for the next two no-greens salads I'll share.  After all of the hype, I decided it was important that each went out into the world and asserted themselves as significant individuals.  And I'm sure you'll understand why.

One half of a 10k-running, vegan, craft-beer-loving couple is totally different than the other half.  Each person has his own unique qualities, idiosyncrasies, and interests.  Where the couple's interests or lifestyles dovetail is beautiful and is probably what made the relationship sustainable initially.  However, where two people (or fruits) diverge is profound, and that is the space where each can grow and develop and learn.  Within each power couple, there are two power people and each of them should be recognized in his own right.  It's your turn avocado.


Greek (no-greens) Salad

Ingredients
1 avocado
1 small cucumber
1 tomato
1 red bell pepper
1 can of garbanzo beans
black pepper to taste

1.  Dice cucumber, plum tomato, bell pepper, and avocado
2.  Combine all chopped ingredients and garbanzo beans in a bowl, mix
3.  Add black pepper to taste, enjoy while mistaking cucumbers for avocados and vice versa

I've never snapped a picture of this salad, but this morning out in my garden I found a cucumber waiting to be picked.  My eyes are also on my tomatoes; it won't be long now!  I'll be making some backyard-garden-to-fork Greek (no-greens) Salad soon enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment